For many of us, losing weight through healthy diet and exercise is not enough to create the slim and sleek body we seek. Even after significant weight loss, there are stubborn areas where fatty deposits simply won’t budge – from the dreaded “muffin top” to fat pockets at the sides of the knees, almost all of us have at least one or two stubborn areas which cause us grief. In these cases, liposculpture may be the solution you seek to create the beautiful shape you deserve.
One such area for both men and women is the neck and under the chin.
Why Have Liposculpture on the Neck and Face?
Fat under the chin and in the neck causes an ill-defined neckline, making one look older and larger than they actually are. Neck liposculpture is one of the most rejuvenating cosmetic procedures available and it delivers almost instantly apparent results.
Lots of men and women struggle with excess fatty deposits in the neck and under the chin, and often even diet and exercise will not remove these. This may be an inherited trait and, like other genetic traits, it can be apparent from a very young age. To make matters worse, ageing enhances the likelihood of carrying excess fat in the neck and lower facial area.
Neck and lower face liposculpture involve a specialised contouring process which provides more definition to the area, targeting and removing specific fat deposits just under the skin.
Benefits of Neck Liposculpture
By removing fat though neck liposculpture, the chin and neck become firmer and more defined. This, in turn, reveals a face that looks younger, sharper, and thinner. A slim face has a huge impact on how you look and feel overall – after all, your face is the first thing people see!
When you have liposculpture to the neck and face, you’ll look fresher, thinner, and younger, but nobody else will realise why. Even better, the results of this procedure are evident straight away.
Recovery from Neck Liposculpture – What You Need to Know
- Neck liposculpture does not cause loose or sagging skin. The overlying skin of the chin and neck will shrink and adhere to the underlying anatomy once the fat has been removed from under the skin. The skin is essentially “de-weighted”. Very few patients will require any skin tightening procedure after neck or chin liposculpture. Some older patients may require surgical neck lift but that can be determined at the first consultation.
- Recovery from this procedure is relatively quick and easy – it will be more prompt the healthier and younger you are. The side effects experienced will also correlate to the amount of fat that needs to be removed.
- There may be some swelling and/or bruising and mild soreness in the area, but these go away quickly, as the lymphatic drainage from the face and neck happens very easily thanks to gravity. Your liposculpture doctor will advise on or prescribe any pain management medications if they are deemed necessary.
- You will need to take a few days off work (1-2 days for sedentary jobs, a few more for active work). Some patients may prefer to take 1-2 weeks off if they are concerned about the visible swelling and possible bruising and wait until it has virtually all disappeared.
- You’ll need to wear a special light-coloured neck and lower-face support/compression garment for 2-3 days (and for up to a week at night).
- You will be able to resume jogging and gym activities after 2-3 weeks. Walking in the meantime is encouraged.
- You do need to understand that, as the chin area remodels itself, the underlying tissues may feel bumpy or firm for several months (though others will not be able to see this). You will need to massage the area for the first few months after your liposculpture.
- A tiny minority of patients (less than 1%) may experience temporary damage to one of the “smiling” muscles – this is very rare and will recover within 6-8 weeks.
While the effects of the procedure are instantaneous, it can take up to six months for the final result to be achieved.
Be Sculptured – Book a Consultation
Neck liposculpture offers a permanent solution to excess fat under the chin and in the neck.
The procedure is ideal for anybody who has:
- fatty tissue under the chin
- a double chin
- a heavy jowl area
- lacks definition of the lower jaw
Dr Meaghan Heckenberg is a top liposculpture expert in Sydney, and she has the talent, expert training, and unparalleled skill to achieve amazing results for you when you elect to have neck and face liposculpture at her Be Sculptured clinic in Crows Nest Cosmetic and Vein Clinic. We are open as usual.
Are you ready for a fresh, younger, slimmer look? Please call us today on (02) 9906 1555 or visit our website to book a consultation for liposculpture surgery with Dr Heckenberg.